Prevent serious water damage with help from the Leak Alert™ water detector. This self-contained battery-powered unit will sound a loud alarm the second it gets wet, alerting you to a potential water leak. Place it anywhere the potential for flooding or leaking exists: – Under sinks – Near water heaters – In basements – Near dishwashers and refrigerators – Under fish tanks – Near plumbing and toilets. The Leak Alert™ has two external metal strips with mild electrical current running through them. If both strips get wet, through a plumbing leak, flood, or surrounding moisture condensing on the surface, the electrical circuit will complete and the alarm will sound. Make sure the Leak Alert™ is placed on its back with the metal contacts touching the surface. You can test the unit by touching both strips with one finger, but be prepared for the loud alarm!
- Buy 3 or more and receive $1.00 off each unit
- Loud alarm (85 dB) sounds with direct water contact
- Floats and signals for up to 72 hours
- Fully automatic operation — no wiring required
- Low battery indicator for optimum safety and performance