Prevent serious water damage with help from the Leak Alert™ water detector. This self-contained battery-powered unit will sound a loud alarm the second it gets wet, alerting you to a potential water leak. Place it anywhere the potential for flooding or leaking exists: – Under sinks – Near water heaters – In basements – Near dishwashers and refrigerators – Under fish tanks – Near plumbing and toilets. The Leak Alert™ has two external metal strips with mild electrical current running through them. If both strips get wet, through a plumbing leak, flood, or surrounding moisture condensing on the surface, the electrical circuit will complete and the alarm will sound. Make sure the Leak Alert™ is placed on its back with the metal contacts touching the surface. You can test the unit by touching both strips with one finger, but be prepared for the loud alarm! Batteries not included.
- Buy 3 or more and receive $1.00 off each unit
- Loud alarm (85 dB) sounds with direct water contact
- Floats and signals for up to 72 hours
- Fully automatic operation — no wiring required
- Low battery indicator for optimum safety and performance
- Battery not included