MetalliScanner® MT7 metal detector quickly and easily locates rebar, pipes, and other metal before you saw or drill. The bright, backlit display indicates metal target depth (inches and centimeters) up to 6 in. deep, type of metal located (ferrous or non-ferrous), and whether you are moving towards or away from a target. Use to find and avoid rebar in concrete before drilling, to find pipes and junction boxes behind tile, and even detect the nails/tacks in studs behind lath and plaster walls. This powerful tool saves time and money by eliminating guesswork, rework, needless holes, and costly broken drill bits or saw blades. Recommended uses include locating and reinforcing rebar in masonry and measuring subsurface nail spacing in roofing material for compliance with building codes.
The Key to Success is the Battery
The installation of a fresh battery, with an extended expiration date, is required to steadily power the integrated LCD screen in Zircon® tools.
- Features two scanning modes; Standard mode and DeepScan® mode
- Locates and determines the depth of 1/2 in. rebar and 1/2 in. copper pipe up to 6 in. (15 cm) deep. Position accuracy to within ± 1/2 in. (13 mm) for #4 rebar or 1/2 in. copper pipe.
- Finds and differentiates ferrous and non-ferrous metal
- Backlit display and audio tone clearly indicate location of target
- Pivoting handle attachment for easier scanning and extended reach on the wall and floor. Rubberized handle and built-in lanyard loop.