The StudSensor™ e40 stud finder locates the edges of wood and metal studs and joists behind walls, floors, and ceilings. Easy-to-read display and patented SpotLite® Pointer clearly identifies the target while WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of live AC voltage. Patented pivot pinch grip design and contoured shape provide an easy, secure hold in either hand, at any angle.
- Locates the edges of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 in. (19 mm) deep. DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm).
- "Ready” light indicates when calibration has completed successfully. “Edge” light indicates when the tool is over a stud edge.
- Red arrows light up sequentially as the stud finder nears a target. Patented SpotLite® Pointer shines an arrow-shaped light on the wall to mark the target.
- WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wiring up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep
- Zircon’s patented “over-the-stud” indication alerts user to start the scan in a new location if scanning begins over a stud.