The Zircon MetalliScanner m40 Handheld Electronic Metal Detector quickly and easily detects metal in wood, drywall, paneling, tile, stucco, plaster, concrete, and other non-metallic surfaces. It locates ferrous (magnetic) metal up to 4-inches (102 mm) deep and non-ferrous (non-magnetic) metal up to 2-inches (51 mm) deep. MetalliScanner m40 solves the very difficult problem of finding studs in lath and plaster walls. It works by finding the pattern of nails that attach the wood lath to the studs. MetalliScanner m40 finds plumbing, ductwork, rebar, nails, and screws in your walls, floors, and ceilings, and is great for scanning reclaimed lumber for hidden metal. FEATURES: MetalliScanner m40 has two scanning positions, each with a progressive LED display. As it approaches a metal object, the red LEDs progressively light from the bottom up. The top lighted blue coil and an audio tone indicate when a metal target is located.
- Detects ferrous and non-ferrous metals in most non-metallic surfaces
- LED arrays indicate signal strength
- Blue coil and audio tone indicate when metal target is located
- Two scanning positions: PinPoint Scan locates small objects, including screws and nails, and PinPoint Scan locates small objects, including screws and nails
- Ideal for lath and plaster walls without metal mesh