The MetalliScanner® m60c uses two different scanning modes to detect metal and hot unshielded AC wiring and metal behind walls, floors, and ceilings. The tool features the advanced ColorTrip™Display that lights blue in Metal Scan Mode and red in AC Scan Mode. When AC wiring is detected while scanning in Metal Scan mode, the screen will light, or flash, red to alert that extra caution should be exercised. SpotLite® Pointer shines an arrow-shaped light on the wall when the maximum metal or live AC is detected.
The Key to Success is the Battery
The installation of a fresh battery, with an extended expiration date, is required to steadily power the integrated LCD screen in Zircon® tools.
- Metal Scan Mode locates non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipe, up to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm) deep, and ferrous metal, such as steel pipe, up to 3 in. (75 mm) deep
- AC Scan Mode locates live, unshielded AC electrical wiring up to 2 in. (50 mm) deep. WireWarning® Detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded AC electrical wiring up to 2 in. (50 mm) deep in Metal Scan Mode.
- ColorTrip™ Display lights blue in Metal Scan Mode and red in AC Scan Mode
- Target Indication Bars will begin to turn on as metal or live AC electricity is approached
- Low Battery Indicator for optimum performance