Featuring new, revolutionary Target Control® (TC™) Level 1 Technology, the Zircon® SuperScan® K4 advanced wall scanner is tuned for wood studs while filtering out metallic false positive objects, such as plumbing, conduit, straps, brackets, or ducts, hiding beneath surfaces. The LoLevel™ and MetalliWarning™ Indicators alert to the presence of dangerous, deep, less dense false positives, and metal targets, reducing the chance of accidentally drilling into a piece of metal or plastic pipe. With the addition of AC Scan mode, users can search for hot, unshielded AC voltage.
The SuperScan® K4 offers five distinct detection modes - TC™, StudScan, DeepScan®, Metal Scan, and AC Scan. A 4-mode switch makes it easy to toggle between functions, while the ColorTrip® Display conveniently details information. The screen illuminates pale blue in TC™ mode and locates the center, edges, and direction of wood studs, while enabling the user to identify clean, ‘safe-to-drill’ zones by utilizing the new ‘Trust but Verify’ technique. When TC™ mode is off, the tool will perform in StudScan mode indicating both wood and metal studs. DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to find wood and metal studs beneath extra layers of drywall or paneling. The dedicated Metal Scan mode helps users identify both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. The Target Spotlight illuminates on screen and the SpotLite® Pointer shines on the surface being scanned when the center of a stud is found. The SuperScan® K4 is powered by a 9V alkaline battery, battery not included. 9" Torpedo Level included.
The Key to Success is the Battery
The installation of a fresh battery, with an extended expiration date, is required to steadily power the integrated LCD screen in Zircon® tools.
- NEW! – Target Control® (TC™) Mode locates the center, edges, and direction of wood studs, and not metal, up to ¾ in. (19 mm) deep behind surfaces. Identifies ‘safe-to-drill’ zones between adjacent drywall screws, nails, and protector plates
- StudScan Mode locates center, edges, and direction of wood and metal studs up to ¾ in. (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan® Mode doubles the scan depth of wood and metal studs up to 1½ in. (38 mm) deep
- Metal Scan Mode locates ferrous metal up to 3 in. (75 mm) deep and non-ferrous metal up to 1½ in. (38 mm) deep
- AC Scan Mode locates live, unshielded AC electrical wiring up to 2 in. (50 mm) deep
- WireWarning® Detection alerts to live, unshielded AC wires up to 2 in. (50 mm) deep
- LoLevel™ Indicator displays low (weak) signal objects, such as plastic water pipes, while in TC™ mode
- Signal Strength Indicator helps distinguish between shallow and deep targets while in StudScan and DeepScan® modes
- MetalliWarning™ Indicator turns on when metal is detected in TC™, StudScan, and DeepScan® modes
- ACT™ (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud
- Target Spotlight illuminates on screen when target is detected
- ColorTrip® Display turns illuminate pale blue in TC™ mode, green in DeepScan® mode, blue in Metal Scan mode, and red in AC Scan mode
- SpotLite® Pointer shines an arrow-shaped light on the scanned surface to indicate target location
- “V” marker groove enables accurate marking of target location
- Low Battery Indicator for optimum performance
The Zircon® 9” Magnetic Torpedo Level offers precision leveling with a die-cast aluminum body for a lightweight, durable design. Solid block vials provide damage resistance while a magnified top-read vial makes for easy level viewing. Find level, plumb, or duplicate angles, slopes, and pitch with the rotating vial. The v-groove base is milled for improved stability on pipe and conduit. Integrated magnets provide hands-free use on metal surfaces.
- Die cast aluminum body for lightweight durability
- Magnified top-read vial for easy viewing
- Solid block vials for durability (Accuracy: .04 in. / 3.3 ft | Length: 9.45 in.)
- Level, Plumb, and Rotating vial for duplicating slopes, pitches, and angles
- Over-molded rubber anti-shock end caps
- Compact design
- V-groove bottom, milled for improved stability on pipe and conduit
- Permanent magnets provide holding power on pipes and other ferrous materials
- Convenient measure in inches and centimeters