The Zircon MultiScanner® 340 locates the edges of wood and metal studs and joists behind walls, floors, and ceilings. It also locates metal targets up to 3 in. (76 mm) deep. A 3-mode switch makes it easy to change functions, while the LED display, SpotLite® Pointing System, and audio tone all indicate the location of the target.
- Stud Scan mode locates the edges of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 in. (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm)
- Metal Scan mode locates non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipe, up to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm) deep, and ferrous metal, such as steel pipe, up to 3 in. (76 mm) deep
- WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep
- Ready light indicates when tool is calibrated and ready for use