The Zircon MultiScanner® 540 multifunction stud finder locates the center and edges of wood and metal studs and joists behind walls, floors, and ceilings. It also locates metal as well as live AC electrical wiring. A 4-mode switch makes it easy to change functions, while the ultra-bright display screen, SpotLite® Pointing System, and audio tone all indicate the location of the target.
The Key to Success is the Battery
The installation of a fresh battery, with an extended expiration date, is required to steadily power the integrated LCD screen in Zircon® tools.
- Stud Scan Mode locates the center, edges, and direction of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 in. (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm)
- Metal Scan mode detects non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipe, up to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm) deep, and ferrous metal, such as steel pipe, up to 3 in. (76 mm) deep
- AC Scan locates live, unshielded AC electrical wire up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep
- WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep in stud and metal scanning modes
- Ultra-bright display screen, SpotLite Pointing System and audio tone all indicate the location of the target
- 4-mode switch makes it easy to change functions
- Zircon’s patented “over-the-stud” indication alerts user to start the scan in a new location if scanning begins over a stud