The Zircon MultiScanner® 440 quickly and easily locates studs, metal, and live electrical wiring behind walls, floors, and ceilings. A 4-mode switch makes it easy to change functions, while the easy-to-read display screen, SpotLite® Pointing System, and audio tone all indicate the location of the target.
The Key to Success is the Battery
The installation of a fresh battery, with an extended expiration date, is required to steadily power the integrated LCD screen in Zircon® tools.
- Stud Scan mode locates the edges of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 in. (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm)
- Metal Scan mode locates non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipe, up to 1 1/2 in. (38 mm) deep, and ferrous metal, such as steel pipe, up to 3 in. (76 mm) deep
- AC Scan mode finds live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep
- WireWarning® detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep in Stud, DeepScan®, and Metal Scan modes
- Patented TruCal® technology calibrates to the wall’s density and indicates when the tool is ready for use
- Low battery indication for optimum performance